Monday, May 25, 2009

60 Minute Run/Walk

On Saturday I was a bit sore from the class but I decided that I needed to do my walk and why not add in a 21 minute run.  I ended up doing it on the treadmill when the girls were napping.  In the class I found I had shin splints agains so I decided to warm up for 20 minutes, do the jog sequence followed by a 20 minute cool down.  The running went great, I didn't like doing it on the treadmill because it was annoying increasing and decreasing the speed.  I also felt like I was controlled by the speed of the treadmill and I couldn't go slower or faster.  I was sore afterwards but not too bad.  I felt great and I really enjoyed the jogging part.  I am feeling more confident that I can become a runner.

After the walk we went to the Running Room to go and get some watches to help with the running and to get a few things for the marathon.  The watch I got was a Timex with 2 interval timers so that it beeps to tell me when to run and walk.  This weeks pace is walk 2 minutes and run 1 minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment