Tuesday, May 26, 2009

30 min Run/Walk

I didn't make it swimming.  6am came to early and Mike didn't want to wake up with Zoe.  Tonight we will go to bed early so that I have a chance to swim.  I did try out going to Spa Lady to see if that would be a good alternative.  It is a great gym but Zoe is too young for the babysitting, she lasted 10 minutes before they had to call me.  

Mike and I did our jog after dinner and it went okay.  I am amazed at how hard it is.  I thought it would be okay because I had been training for the marathon.  I am starting to see how important getting your heart rate up is and I don't think my walking has given me a good enough cardiovascular work out.  So it was hard and I was worried about my shin splints because they were bugging me again but we did it.   We just headed down the road to the school where the track is.  The 21 minute walk 2 minute run 1 minute circuit went really well and fast.  

I am worried about when it increases on Friday but I will keep training and just keep trying.  I think it will be easier after the marathon is done because then I won't be worried about hurting myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment