Saturday, April 18, 2009

Time

The biggest challenge has been finding the time to exercise.  As a mom of 2 young girls this was really hard.   I decided that I would wear my youngest in a carrier everytime I trained.  I didn’t want my husband to have to stop my work out because he had an inconsolable baby and thankfully Zoe has gotten so used to the training that everytime I stick her in the carrier she is asleep within moments.   I am not good at getting up early and exercising, so even though I am exhausted by the end of the day, I typically get on the treadmill about 8 pm.  My eldest is asleep and any cleaning up I choose to do is finished.

My husband has been very supportive and not to pushy either.  All I need is a gentle reminder and I am good to go.  I got an mp3 player and that has made the walks even more enjoyable!  My treadmill is in front of the tv and I hated watching the commercials they would make my walk drag on and I would need something good on to watch which was hard at times.

I may not crave the exercise but I really enjoy the satisfaction of finishing a walk and marking a big x on my training plan.  I love the last 10 minutes of the walk because I know that I am going to finish it and I get a big surge of adrenaline and excitement.  I am actually beginning to enjoying walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment