Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Plan


I knew inspiration would hit eventually.  Mike and I came up with a plan to get us both  moving and eating right.  Mike is doing amazing at his diet and has lost 70lbs since September so he doesn't need much help but he has been cheating (a lot in my opinion) and he needs to start exercising.  I need to do better with food and exercise as well.  So we decided that we should earn our 'fun' money.  We are strict budgetters and each week we allocate a bit of money for each of us to spend on what ever we want.  So now we have to earn our money.  We decided that we would get $5 a day for eating on plan (Mike following Dr. Bernstein and I will be following the plan detailed below) and then $5 for doing 20 mins of exercise.

Below is my food plan.  I invented my own based of The Canada Food Guide, Body For Life, Dr. Bernstein and my own beliefs on a healthy lifestyle.  I am going to do my best not to focus on the results but focus on what I can control and that is my lifestyle.


Melynda’s Eating Plan

6 servings of whole grain and health carbs: A portion is half a slice of bread or 50g
Unlimited vegetables
3 servings of fruit
4 servings of protein
2 portions of diary: ie: ½ cup yogurt, 1 cup milk or 2 slices of cheese
1 treat – max 200 calories
2L minimum of water
Ø  All portions are Dr. B sizes
Ø  Aim for 6 small meals a day

No comments:

Post a Comment