Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Getting in the Groove

I am starting to get into a nice groove with exercise.  I am starting to crave it and really enjoy it.  I am doing Playground Bootcamp, EA Active on the WII and my friend and I are trying to go for daily hour long walks.  Now I should do better with the food but I am really enjoying cooking and trying new recipes.  I am trying to find healthy ones but I don't worry that much.  Actually right now I am making my birthday cake!  I am making a Triple Lemon Layer cake and I won't even tell you the calories because it is truly disgusting.  

I have finally come to terms with this birthday.  I had been having a really hard time with turning 27.  I don't know, I love birthdays but I was really cranky about this one.  My body image had a huge impact on my feelings of growing old.  I see my  mom in me.  She has been overweight for years basically after having kids.  I have seen her try so many diets with not much success.  She is now doing the same diet as Mike and doing amazing.  It scares me to think that I maybe just like her and at 50 finally losing weight.  But one thing that I would like to do like my mom is to dress nicely.  She always looks amazing and is stylish.

I am feeling fat and frumpy and then because my birthday is coming it has turned into feeling old.  I don't like that.  I should celebrate my life and my accomplishments.

So I will just keep exercising and enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment