Saturday, November 14, 2009

Water

I have started to take my health in small manageable steps and I have started with water. I was reading the book from Mike's diet and it talks about how important water is and that everyone should be drinking at least 2 L a day and a litre for every 25 lbs over weight you are. So for me that is about 4 L and let me tell you that is incredibly hard! But was has been the trick for Mike and I is to put 1 L bottles in the freezer filled 1/4 full at night and then fill it the next morning and then keep filling the bottle until the ice is gone. If I drink it fairly consistently I can fill it up 2-3 times and get in total about 2 L worth. I have been working on increasing my water amount each day, nothing methodical I just keep fillig it. I have been able to easily drink 2 L and I am just starting to get 3 L in. I am finding that it is really helping me to not eat as much or snack all day. I also think that it is helping me lose weight. In the past 3 weeks I have lost 3 lbs and I have not been eating well. Now it could be stress but I think the water has a lot to do with it because I am eating horribly - like lots of chocolate, candy and baking. I have been bad because I decided that I am going through a hard time that I deserve to binge until the whole miscarriage thing is over. But I am doing well at one thing and that is water. Here is an article that talks about the importance of water. http://www.shapeupshop.com/weightloss/water-weight-loss.html

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Yes water is the key! lol.. try adding some lemon to it, it helps keep you healthy and tastes better lol. I have also been drinking at least 2 cups of green tea a day... I have noticed a difference with the way I have been eating lately too... I am not as hungry as I used to be. Good luck! Don't drown! lol...

    ReplyDelete