Sunday, November 1, 2009

Stressed and Scared

I finally got my first post partum period at the beginning of this month. Then about a week ago (about mid-cycle) I started to have really bad cramps and light bleeding. I didn't think to much of it because I was in Moncton and if I laid down the pain was manageable. When I got back on Wednesday I was talking to my good friend Laurie and she thought it could be a miscarriage. I didn't understand how that was possible because it was the middle of my cycle and I didn't think we timed our relations (blush) close enough to my ovulation to get pregnant. I am usually quite aware of my cycle and fertility signs and planned on waiting for another year before we tried for a third. Well, thanks to Laurie I took a pregnancy test and low and behold it was positive and dark! Which is weird because I should only be about 3 weeks along. But because of the bleeding and cramps I went and saw my doctor, she sent me for an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a mass on my left tube which the tech thought it was an ectopic pregnancy. So they sent me to the ER, which with H1N1 is a scary place. Mike and I scrambled to get the girls taken care of because I was not letting them near the ER. In the ER they checked my cervix and it was closed and I guess that is a good sign that I am pregnant and not miscarrying at this time. The OB thinks that I may have a corpus luteum cyst which is normal and apart of pregnancy but sometimes can cause bleeding and cramps (from what I have googled) and he has sent me to get my HcG levels checked every two days for the next week to see if the pregnancy is progressing.

I am scared and upset among a million other emotions. I am trying my best to not get to upset or think too positively. I went for blood work yesterday and will go again Monday. And will see my doctor Monday or more likely Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment