Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Monday and Tuesday

Monday was a crap day because I was tired and the girls were cranky and not listening. Sometimes I wonder who starts the bad day is it me and the girls feed off of my energy or is it them and I just don't have the energy to deal? Who knows? Thankfully it got better in the evening even though Zoe would not sleep.

I did find out some upsetting news this weekend. I have been taking domperidone to help my milk supply. My doctor had suggested back in February that I could wean off of the medication but I had chosen not to because it gives me some peace of mind and I did not want to be stressed out all the time about my supply like I was with Alexandra. Well, I found out that domperidone can cause weight gain! Now there is no way to know if it is the medication that is causing me not to lose but I think it might play a large part. I haven't been 100% good all the time but when I was training for the marathon I was exercising more than I have ever exercised before and I didn't lose much at all. So I have decided that I think it is time to wean off the medication because I want to lose the weight, Zoe is old enough and I think my supply is well established and if I freak out I will take some herbs or have some nursing tea. I am scared though, I just need to have confidence.

Today I did my run! I made a promise to myself and I stuck to it! Woohoo! I feel so good. I like getting the run out of the way early. I did it during nap time because I was too tired to get up early. But I don't really care when I do it as long as I get it done.

Monday
Water=6
Food=5
Exercise=0
Challenge=0

Tuesday=
Water=
Food=
Exercise=5
Challenge=0

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you got your run in!! I had my bit of exercise at the zoo today chasing the kids lol... I didn't do as well as I could have on the food today.. because Mike bought me some wine lol...
    water-5
    food-3
    exercise-5
    challenge-0
    total 13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the run! I'm glad you found out about the meds - maybe it will help once they are out of your system!

    Monday
    Water=10
    Food=5
    Exercise=5
    Challenge=0
    TOTAL = 20

    Tuesday=
    Water=10
    Food=5
    Exercise=5
    Challenge=0
    TOTAL=20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melynda,

    We've been away and I'm just catching up with posts and such...I had the same problem with domperidone, but I didn't find out it can cause weigh gain or at least prevent weight loss until after I stopped taking it...but the good news was the weight loss started up again as soon as I stopped taking it...go slowly when you wean. I had to stay on it until I stopped nursing because cutting back even by one pill a day had a huge effect on my milk.

    -s

    ReplyDelete