Monday, April 25, 2011

I did it!!

I did it! I did it! I did!

Woohoo!  I am so happy!

I woke up this morning and told Mike that I was going to do my first run when he got home.  Unfortunately things conspired against us and he wasn't going to be home in time for me to follow through with that plan.  I was very reluctant to take all 3 kids with me and I didn't know how I would do it.

Ally has a run bike and she is doing very well on it but isn't good enough that I could concentrate on running.

Thankfully, I had a moment of brilliance and I remembered that one of the moms from preschool was talking about doing more exercise and she lives right by the high school.  I called her up and asked if she wanted to join me.  She was excited to join me.  She has a 4 and 2 year old too.  The running track at the high school is perfect because there is only one entrance and the kids were able to run after us or play in the middle.  The 2 year olds had some difficulties with their moms running away from them.  But all in all, it went really well.

My friend wants to be my jogging buddy too and since her son is in preschool we are going to try and run during preschool twice a week.

I am so proud of myself because sometimes starting is the hardest part, especially when you add in the challenge of 3 kids.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations on finding a way to make it work! It's tough when kids are involved...I'm still trying to figure out a way to make it work with J when Alex is at work...

    ReplyDelete