Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reality has a bite!

This morning reality hit and it hit hard.  Mike left the house before anyone was up and I was really tired and decided to sleep in a bit longer.  Then the next thing I know it is 8:30am and Ally is waking me up.  So then I scrambled to tidy (before the cleaner...grr...) make breakfast, referee and nurse Georgia.  I was not my best and I have been having a hard time with yelling too much and this morning was not helping.

Then I remembered my new mantra - lower expectations.  So we had a tv day.  I wanted to do some halloween crafts but Georgia decided to cluster feed all morning and I couldn't.  I have come to realize that when I get all frazzled and stressed that it doesn't help anyone and makes everyone's day worse and it seems to just spiral out of control.  So I just let things happen and put the tv on and relax.  I have to let the guilt go about not being super mom right now and that really it is such a short time in the grand scheme of things.

I did manage to exercise and eat well!  One positive about eating 6 times a day is that Ally and Zoe are enjoying more snacks and healthier ones.  Ally ate a whole apple today!  It is neat to see how they are following our example...now I just need to get them to eat dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Tv days can definitely be necessary for our mental health! I am glad you had a good plan day, too :)

    ReplyDelete