Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sleep

Zoe has been sleeping terribly for about the last month and it is making me crazy! I slept with both girls until about 7 months so I missed the frequent wakings of newborns and I was able to sleep through. Now I can't and waking up every 2 hours is really killing me! I don't know how people do it. I am so emotional and I can barely keep the house clean because I am exhausted. If I don't nap when the girls are down my day is ruined. Mike has tried to help and given her formula for one of her wakings. For my formula brings along its on ball of wax.

I hate having to give her formula and it makes me feel like I have failed. She is eating a ton during the day and I am pretty sure she doesn't need to be waking up but I don't know how to get her to stop. I am not a fan of crying it out but I have seen its purpose. It doesn't work on Zoe or at least she can go much longer than I can. I know that if she cries to much that she won't go to sleep. Also letting Zoe cry it out in the middle of the night poses the problem of waking everyone else. And that just can't happen.

I am amazed at how sleep effects everything! I do hope it gets better soon.


1 comment:

  1. aww honey I feel for you!! Maybe Zoe is just having a growth spurt and needs the extra food for now... maybe she is teething and is just waking up cuz she is in pain... babies are not so much fun when you don't know how to help them :( stay strong mama! You can do it! It will all be over soon and she will be sleeping through the night again.

    ReplyDelete