Thursday, December 2, 2010

Positive Thoughts

I am so glad I wrote the last post when I did because the very next day things went downhill fast and I was thisclose to throwing in the towel.  And in true Melynda fashion I freaked out and signed up for every parenting class I could find.  Now a week later I am calm and reminding myself that, "This to shall pass."

What was so bad?  Ally being the first to go through everything constantly challenges me.  I find babies to be easy, granted I am blessed with easy babies but I have been through the newborn stage 3 times and I know what is coming and how to deal with it.  Three going on four is a something on to itself.  Ally somehow manages to throw every curve ball there is and of course at the worst times.  Last week Ally proceeded to  use her bedroom (which is two feet away from the bathroom) as a toilet.  I am so glad that she hasn't learned to lie yet because the surprise she left would have been so much worse a day later.  The next thing was anger.  Ally has started to experience the powerful emotion that is anger.  It would completely take over her and she would lose control and then she would hurt Zoe. 

I was completely blown away by the behaviors and started to question my ability to parent.  My reaction to the fighting was not something I was proud of.  I am hoping that the classes will help because I need some tools to deal with the age three because there are two more to follow.

Thankfuly the week is ending on a better note than last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment