Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Priorities

I have been doing a lot of thinking about my priorities as a mom lately maybe it is because I have barely done any house work and laid on the couch for most of the day.  I hate cleaning and I really would like it to go away and my house be perfect.  I have a friend who's house is perfect all the time.  I don't get it and the thought of doing the same makes me want to curl up in my bed for 2 days straight.  Seriously her house is like a magazine and she has two kids.  I really don't understand how she does it and why?  I was there yesterday and all the beds were made, no toy out of place, no dish left out or stray sock laying around.  We walked into her toy room and everything was in its place and all the toys and furniture all coordinate. 

At times it makes me envious.  I would like my house to look like that but I know that it would drive me crazy, seriously I don't think I could handle the pressure.  I also don't think it is fair on my kids because the pressure would cause me to not let them play or touch anything and I would probably yell all the time.  I am beginning to come to terms with my messiness and try to revel in it.

I am now feeling better so hopefully I will start to do more around the house but what I really feel guilty about is not the mess but the lack of things I have done with Ally and Zoe.  We have barely done any crafts, baked or gone out.  I want to get back to that.  It is getting better each day.  Thank goodness!

1 comment:

  1. I used to (and still do) feel the same way about my house... I'm married,, but NOT to my house.
    I once saw a sign and re-wrote it hanging it on my fridge so it would be a daily reminder to me..
    ...
    "A sign of a clean house is sign of a boring house wife"

    It totally offended MY perfect friend who also had 2 kids without a thing out of place, she thought that was unfair,,, but I refused to remove it, she would spend every Sunday doing a complete house cleaning top to bottom, she was always picking up, putting away, dusting cleaning etc. etc.. no way, not for me... I'd rather have those lay on the couch all day moments that you are having without any guilt (well maybe a tiny bit)

    Enjoy your time with your kids while they are young, and your right, the moments they will remember most are not the clean house ones at all... and they grow up and move out so fast, it's over before you know it.

    ReplyDelete