Friday, February 12, 2010

Feeling Alive

The last couple weeks have been a gong show!  It started out on I guess the first of February, when I got my ultrasound results from the week before.  The ultrasound report said that there was no definitive signs of pregnancy.  I was quite upset and I called my midwife who said that there was a good chance I was pregnant.  She sent me for blood work to test the Hcg levels, basically if you are pregnant it will typically double.  Meanwhile, the morning sickness started, the hunger and exhaustion, it sucks feeling like crap when there may not be a good reason.  By Friday, I got 2 sets of results back and my numbers had nearly doubled so I was feeling very hopeful.  Saturday, Mike and I went to see Avatar and unfortunately we were in the second row.  Now I don't typically do well sitting that close but I thought it would be okay because I had my glasses.  Well I made it 30 minutes and had to leave and threw up in the bathroom, tried to go back and watch the movie had to leave and didn't make it to the bathroom....and threw up in a garbage can in the middle of the mall....ugh!  So embarrassing.

Then this past week the morning sickness has been full blast and I went for another ultrasound on Tuesday and I do indeed have a baby!  My dates were a bit off and I got to see the heartbeat.  Even though I have been feeling like death warmed over, I am really happy that there is a little baby growing and making it all worthwhile.

With feeling nauseaous, food has not been my friend, I hate it and I hate having to think about what to make.  I have barely cooked this week.  But I have lost two pounds.  Which is awesome, I am not trying to lose weight I am trying to maintain my weight for the first and most of the second trimester.

Today has been the first day I have been feeling well.  I was motivated to do some cleaning.  It started with the highchair, which was disgusting and then once that was done I washed the floor and ran the dishwasher.  I am very proud of myself because for most of the week I have barely been able to get off the couch.

I am doing my best to limit tv for the girls.  Ally could watch tv all day and I am trying to not take advantage of that in my sick state.  My goal is for 1 hr a day which is still alot but hey, we are in survival mode.  I can't wait until the summer when I can throw the girls outside and they can play all day.  I really hope that they will play well together for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment