Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Job

I use this blog as a way to vent and clear my head sometimes and ultimately to work on weight loss.  Today I thought I would tell you all the reasons (that I can think of in this moment at 11pm after dealing with sick, cooped up kids) why I love being a mom.

  • Warm just woken up bodies looking for a cuddle
  • groggy eyes and messy hair - Ally and Zoe have the best morning hair ever, I want to know how Ally sleeps to get her bangs standing straight up.
  • being the one they come when they are hurt
  • having helping (or more likely non-helping) hands when I am trying to cook, clean and yes, even pump.  Don't ask.
  • endless entertainment, everything from actual performances with amazing power ballads to cute shoulder shrugs saying, "Don no."
  • watching the sibling bond grow
  • days that pj's and clothing are optional
  • the more princess dresses on the prettier one is
  • watching personalities develop
  • a new appreciation for the power of sleep
  • learning about yourself
  • becoming stronger and more opinionated
That is definitely the short list from what I can remember from today.  I am just so thankful that our children have a stay at home parent and that it is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment