Monday, November 1, 2010

It's getting better all the time

Having three kids is getting easier every day.  I am still having some issues with discipline and all the fighting but things are really improving and we are finding our groove.  Last Friday was a success, we actual got out of the house with no yelling.  We ended up having a great day.  My goal is to be busy in the mornings and get out of the house or have people over.  Then the rest of the day can be relaxed.  I find that if we don't do something in the morning, that we are all stir-crazy and I tend to feel guilty about having too much tv.  Now as you may have read in a previous post that tv days are neccesary some days but if I can avoid it the better.  Plus some fresh air and a some company always makes for a better day.

Ally is still really trying my patience but I am for the most part staying calm and reinforcing consequences and being firm.  It is really hard when I am nursing Georgia and the girls start acting up.  I haven't quite gotten my strategy down but it is coming.  I am reluctant to get up and go break up the fight while Georgia is nursing but I can do it and I think I need to do it more because it is more effective than me yelling from my chair.

Georgia has been having some gas issues.  Can you believe that this is my third kid and I don't really know what to do with a gassy baby?  On Friday, she was so upset and Mike was out.  I was really worried and of course being over tired, I almost joined Georgia in crying.  Thankfully Mike came home and had the magic touch.  Unfortunately sleep has been much different since then.  She has started being awake in the middle of the night again.

I have also haven't had time to nap.  I love to nap and I even napped before having kids.  No naps and poor sleep at night has been hard but I have been able to get a lot done in the afternoon.  Today I cleaned out the entry way closet and got things organized for all the winter clothes.

My treadmill broke this weekend and I am very sad.  I was just starting to get on and do some exercise and it breaks.  We can't afford to get a new one so I guess I will have to figure out the bike or go back to the Wii.  Still finding the time is hard, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment